I know a lot of people like to have their christmas shopping done by now, but if like me you’re less organised than that, here are some homemade christmas gift ideas from my archives. Handmade presents are often cheaper, you don’t have to wait for weeks for them to be posted to you, and it’s so special to gift something that you’ve spent time making! Plus, homemade presents are usually better quality than shop bought ones, and you can personalise them to suit the person you’re gifting it to.
1. Fur lined mittens. I made these for a friend last year. They’re a nice beginner sewing project and mittens make excellent christmas presents, since they’re so cosy!
2. Pattern rug. This would be great for someone who’s moved into a new place, or someone who loves a good pattern!
3. Scented candles. I recently made these for myself, but they’d make the cutest presents!
4. Paisley Man’s Shirt. This project is time-consuming, but if you started now you’d be finished before christmas. Nothing says “I love you” like homemade clothes.
5. Embroidered picture. This is a really simple way of creating a personalised artwork for someone.
6. Massage oil. This is super easy and inexpensive to make, and you could even gift it with an “i owe you a massage” voucher.
7. Log vase. If you have a friend that likes earthy decor, this would be the perfect present.
8. Hand printed shirt. This is a fun and easy project, and who wouldn’t appreciate a handmade shirt?
Are you guys hand making any presents this year?